Spesiell Granada

rene`racing

Guest mazdafun

fy steike og den gamle jernholken flytter på seg.. noen som har videoer/info/linker om hva den greier på 1/8 og 1/4 mila?

litt teknisk info her fra fastford-bladet faktisk...

Magnor Mydland — Granada

Now there’s something you don’t see everyday, how does and 11.5-litre engine grab you? This wild and wacky Granny’s been owned by Magnor since 1983, in that time he has worked his way through several engines in the search for the perfect drag weapon and we think he may have cracked it with this.

“I still use the car on the road, it’s completely legal. The children can climb over the cage in the back, that’s why I still have the rear seats in case we need to go somewhere, I just use a low setting for the boost,” he tells us.

Speaking of boost, Magnor explains: “It runs 1400 bhp at 0.5 bar and 1700 bhp on 1 bar of boost, if I use race fuel that goes up to 2400 bhp”. Cripes! And all that is going to the rear wheels.

The Granny has pulled a 10.2-second quarter at 227 kph (142 mph) and that’s with wheelspin through the entire length of the strip. Magnor did confess that traction is a nightmare because the car is set slightly too soft but he’s proud to be able to still cruise around in the car if need be, pointing to the road tyres fitted. 9s are within easy reach for this car if he gets it to grip. Bet the fuel bills are sickening.

When talking times Magnor he said that 350 kph is safe (217 mph) and claimed that 400 kph would be the top speed (249 mph!) He did joke that would have to be without a driver because he wouldn’t push the car that far because the house brick-shaped animal would be very unstable and take off! Complete insanity.

Spec

11.5-litre Twin Turbo link engine using 4LG turbos, 700 cubic inch, three chargecoolers with six fans, three air filters, double water injection system, Autronic ignition, twin 4 inch exhausts, race shocks, cage, 9 inch race diff, manual/auto four-speed, 27-litre coolant system, lockable brake for burnouts at drag meets

Power 1400-2400 bhp

Edited by mazdafun