My custom Intercooler system

Guest CochynRS

Guest CochynRS

Well its been a while since I was on last, but been working non stop, been away and still not found any time to post up updates on the build.

Now these photo's were taken during the build, so please forgive how tatty it looks, the pipe work and welds are all shiney now and the wiring is tidy. There's also a take off for the dump valve in the middle of the long straight piece of pipe from the 90 degree bend of the throttle body :)

Very happy with the results, but I still need to make another pipe to relocate the cone filter and re-mount the intercooler so it sits more in2 the mouth of the bumper. But as you can see in some pics (sorry, crap camera!), most of the bends are welded which means only 5 silicon hoses were needed to take up the strain and movement from the engine. Works a treat!

I'll post up new pics once I get time to clean everything up, also some prices if some1's interested in the air2air system on their Focus RS ;)

temp_261983.jpg

temp_261984.jpg

ignore the wire around the battery, it was there holding it in place I was measuring the base plate to mount the battery :)

temp_261985.jpg

temp_261986.jpg

temp_261987.jpg

nice work mate..

top stuff, but it`s alot of piping...

your going to see low inlet air temp whit that pipe work..

allmoust same in my rst, new plenium and the pipe down the side.. top job =)

by the way, what engin spec are you running?

im running a 2,0 zvh my selv, full steel bottom end =)

Edited by hår ball